Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits in the world for good reason. Eating them could help lower blood pressure and reduce the risks of cancer and asthma.
Bananas are a source of potassium, fiber, vitamin B6, magnesium and vitamin C, which also provide energy and are a great choice to meet the need for fruit in everyday nutrition. There are several reasons why it’s good to eat a bananas.
With the world consuming so many bananas, it’s not surprising that people are asking the question: are bananas good for you?
This article will take a look at the top 10 reasons to eat bananas.
1. Energy Booster – Eating two (2) bananas will give your body enough fuel to exercise or workout for an hour and a half. It is ideal to eat bananas during the mid-day world when you feel very tired so forget about the caffeine concussion or sugary candy, bananas provide a high level of energy that last longer without a crash caused by caffeine.
2. Potassium Power – Because they are rich in potassium, bananas help the body circulatory system deliver oxygen to the brain. It also aids the body in maintaining a regular heartbeat and a proper balance of water within the body, potassium also helps further reducing strokes and regulating blood pressure. The potassium in bananas also assists in the prevention of muscle cramps after exercise.
3. Constipation– Bananas help to end constipation, fiber in bananas promote the restoration and maintenance of regular bowel functions.
4. Mood Enhancement- Bananas can lift your spirit. Bananas have an amino acid tryptophan. Tryptophan is necessary for the production of serotonin, a mood-regulating substance which contributes to the feeling of relaxation and happiness. According to bananasaver.com people suffering from depression often reported feeling better after eating a banana.
5. Iron Rich Fruit– For people suffering from a deficiency in iron, bananas help to give your body the iron that it needs. As a result, it helps promote hemoglobin production so your blood clots faster in case of a cut or serious injury.
6. Low in Calories– Bananas are low in calories per byte, by eating a banana you can indulge your sweet tooth without running your waistline or your health. Banana averages about only 110 calories, this benefit is due to the large percentage of fiber and water which make up the composition of bananas.
7. Fiber– According to the USDA, one banana has about three (3) grams of dietary fiber help you feel full longer and keep your digestive process running smoothly.
8. Refueling– Refueling your body uses carbohydrates as the primary source of energy. Eat banana smoothie perhaps after a workout to refuel, bananas for breakfast start your day off right. It will give you the energy to make it through lunch.
9. Manganese- Banana is a good source of manganese, with one medium banana providing about .3milligrams. Adults have been considered to meet between 1.8 milligrams and 2.3 milligrams of manganese daily. Manganese is necessary for bone health and metabolism.
10. Fat and Cholesterol
bananas are virtually fat and cholesterol free